Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Latigo n' Lace


Marilyn Monroe said, “I don’t mind living in a man’s world, so long as I can be a woman in it.” When I first heard this quote the first thing that came to mind was branding season. I know I know…. Not exactly what most girls are thinking about.
Trotting towards the branding fire, sweeping up two on a big soggy bull calf, stacking the dallies on my mulehide covered horn. It’s just another day in paradise for me.
 It’s not an unusual sight to have several  girls out there showin’ there stuff, showing the boys how its really done. They may have a long braid down their back, lipstick and mascara, painted nails, and maybe even acrylic nails! But their roping ability definitely isn’t what sets them apart. They are in there doing a job, just like everyone else. Being able to show femininity while being tough as nails, is what sets them apart from all the rest. Looking beautiful but being covered in dust from head to toe is a trait that is more than just physical. It’s the aura of confidence that surrounds them.  When asked why I painted my nails and wore lipstick when I know I’m just gonna get all dirty, I replied, “Well if my nails are painted you can’t see the dirt under them, and as for the lipstick, I just think it makes you rope better.” 




6 comments:

  1. My boyfriend always tells me, "Honey, the cows don't care if you're wearing mascara". My reply- "I know. But I do."

    ;-)

    I obsessively paint my fingernails. So I relate well to your post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha great post!
    That's the only reason I paint my nails too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    Hopped over from Buckaroo Bliss, can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post!!!! Just found your blog, and am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete